Scribie is a transcription company that hires people to transcribe audio files into word documents. This is a simple way to earn money online if you like this type of work. Earning money from a transcription company will require you to have excellent typing skills and listening skills. You will be listening to audio tapes and typing up what people have said in a word document.
How Does It Work?
- You can go to their website and register an account.
- Like all transcribing companies, there is a test that you’ll need to take.
- This will require you to listen to an audio tape and transcribe the tape.
- Each company has their own way of transcribing the audio files.
- The company supplies you with a set of instruction to follow in order to transcribe this tape.
- You must listen to the tape and pass the test in order to be accepted by the company.
- If you don’t pass the test the first time, don’t worry. You will have10 chances to pass this test. This is the only company I have run across that allows you so many opportunities to pass the test.
- If you fail the test, the company is very helpful. They will send you back the test and mark the test on why you failed. They will give you plenty of help to pass this test and understand what they want. So don’t worry too much about the test, they are there to help you with this.
- Once you’re accepted it is easy to find work on this site.
- They have jobs listed that you can accept and transcribe.
- You are free to work your own hours and do as much work as you want.
- Many people will treat this as a full-time or part-time work at home opportunity.
- You are paid by the audio hour, and not how long it takes you to transcribe the tape.
- If the tape is 10 minutes long you will only earn a fraction of the pay for transcribing this tape.
- The company requires that you have a PayPal account and this is how they pay you.